|Home > In Our State|
Reproductive Parity Act
Washington women need the freedom and privacy to make the healthcare decisions that are right for themselves and their families.
Washington voters have already rejected restrictions on women's decision making.
It's Time To:
- Understand that denying insurance coverage for abortion interferes with a woman's decision making.
- Ensure access to a full range of reproductive healthcare including abortion.
The Reproductive Parity Act:
- Leaves a woman's decision about her pregnancy with her and her family, not her insurance plan.
- Requires insurance plans in Washington to cover abortions if they cover maternity care.
- Today every insurance carrier and almost every insurance plan covers abortion. Let's keep it that way.
It's Time to Act:
- Healthcare reform is changing the healthcare landscape. We must protect a woman's pregnancy decisions.
- No woman should have her pregnancy decision made for her because she cannot afford care.
- Families are counting on their new healthcare coverage to help with costs in these tough economic times; coverage for abortion is no exception.
The Reproductive Parity Act will empower women to keep their families strong. Subscribe to action alerts for the latest on how to support the RPA!